Would you have artificial flowers at your wedding? Most people would probably say ‘no’ but here are some of the reasons why you might consider faux instead of fresh.
1. They make a beautiful and long-lasting keepsake. A wonderful reminder of your special day, you can keep your wedding bouquet exactly as is without having to take any special measures. Fresh flowers can of course be preserved as a lasting reminder as well but there are specific steps to be taken and care has to be taken to ensure that the delicate flowers do not wither before this process is started.
2. Cost. Often artificial flowers are cheaper than fresh ones. So if you are on a tight budget or perhaps you have a large bridal party you may find that faux flowers allow you to still have a gorgeous bouquet(s) but at a fraction of the cost.
3. Spoilt for choice. Artificial flowers come in a wide variety of colours and shades, both those found in nature and otherwise. Take the colour pink for example. You can get artificial roses in several shades of pink, certainly way more than I ever thought possible. For example baby pink, hot pink, fuschia pink, dark pink and mocha pink just to name a few. Then there are unusual shades such as black, chocolate brown, mint, and silver, etc that you couldn’t get if you were using fresh flowers. Whatever your wedding colour scheme, I’m sure you’re bound to find something to match no matter how quirky.
4. Wide variety. I know roses are popular with a lot of people but don’t feel you have to stick to roses just because you’re having artificial flowers at your wedding. Faux flowers also come as peonies, gerberas, lillies, tulips, orchids, babysbreath, etc. Here’s an example of a gorgeous bridal bouquet made with artificial peonies and roses.
5. Convenience. Because of their long-lasting nature, you can have an artificial bouquet sorted and ready-made up to months in advance! Unlike fresh flowers you don’t have to wait until the day before or the day of the wedding to have faux flowers delivered. Planning a wedding inevitably means a seemingly never-ending to-do list so its great to be able to tick off one of your major jobs so quickly!
6. Destination wedding anyone? Artificial bouquets are very handy if you’re having a destination wedding – your bouquet and that of your bridal party can simply be taken with you on the plane!
7. Personalisation. Apart from the fact that they are simply stunning, bridal brooch bouquets also give you the unique opportunity to include jewelry and other family items that hold special meaning to you. Or perhaps a certain family member can’t make it to your big day, you can still feel like they are a part of the occasion by adding something of theirs to your bouquet. And you are not restricted to just brooches. Earrings, pins, pendants, and rings can all be incorporated into your bouquet to create something truly special and meaningful to you. If you opt for a ToshCreations bouquet I could even incorporate scarves into your bouquet if that is what you prefer – perhaps one of your grandma’s scarves. Here’s an example of a bouquet I’ve made using scarves.
8. Allergies. Artificial flowers are a great alternative if you have allergies to fresh flowers. This way you can still enjoy your favourite flowers without needing a dose of antihistamines.
9. Bridesmaids keepsakes. Most brides these days like to give their bridesmaids a token gift as a momento of their involvement with the wedding. With artificial flowers, your bridesmaids (and flower girls) can keep their unique bouquets as a lasting reminder of their part in your special day. Here’s an example of a Flower Girl Brooch Bouquet – sweet and cute for small fingers but still gorgeous.
10. It’s different! Need I say more? Brooch bouquets are unique and each one is truly one-of-a-kind.
If you’re thinking of having a brooch bouquet for your wedding but you’re stuck for ideas or perhaps you know exactly what you want, I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the custom order form here.